Friday, June 15, 2012

metrakit machining

After soft seizing my metrakit 65 at the lafayeti rally a few times, I decided to buy a larger piston and have the cylinder machined. This probably saved me $60 compared to buying a new kit, but it took a while to find a machine shop that was willing to do it. I picked it up last night and it looks pretty good. It doesn't have quite as much cross hatching as I would like, but it isn't bad. I'm going to run it and see how it does.

Piston size: 43.85mm
Bore size: 43.92mm

That's about .003" clearance, which is what I asked them to do.

I also upjetted a few sizes from 86 to 91...just in case. I was hoping I had an 88 jet but I don't. Maybe one of the other Radium City guys will come through for me.

null

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to hear how this works out. I had same issue with my Metrakit. Planning on cleaning cylinder a little with acid and I have another new piston to try. Been debating the bore option.

    ReplyDelete