Friday, October 8, 2010

trip down to the river

The Newport is running better now. It's not great, but it is better. I can at least keep up with traffic. So, I decided to take a quick trip down to the river and see how my latest round of tuning worked out. I can get the bike up to 3/4 throttle now. I ended up upjetting and playing around with the needle some. I think I was experiencing a lean bog, because it doesn't make any noise like a 4-stroke. It just starts to slow down and die out.

One of my friends just asked me, "why now?" I'm not sure. My gaskets could be breaking down and I could have a minor air leak. I've checked it thoroughly with carb cleaner and I'm not coming up with anything. So, who knows.

Quick photo of the bike/bridge:

2 comments:

  1. You'll have plenty of time to ride that moped down by the river......when you're livin' in a van down by the river.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting the crank shaft on mine fixed this week, hopefully. May be able to ride before the winter after all. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete