Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Picked up a Newport from one of The Guns

I found a Puch Newport on craigslist in a town that is about an hour or so from me. I emailed the guy back and forth a few times and we agreed on a price. While I was making arrangements to drive down there to get it, I googled his email address to make sure I wasn't meeting up with some crazy person. Well, it turned out that I was meeting up with some crazy person...and he just happened to be a member of The Guns.

Matt was great. We had fun reviewing some of his projects...cars, motorcycles, and mopeds...and going through his vast collection of random parts. By the time I left there, the Newport was almost complete.

Here are a couple of pictures of it. It was/is pretty ratty. I went through it over the weekend. I fixed the cables, chains, pedal clearance, and engine mounting bolts. I cleaned the carb, the wheels, the petcock, and the frame. It needed a lot of work. It currently isn't running, but it does have spark. I'm not sure what is going on with it yet, but I'll figure it out soon.

null

null

null

Since Matt isn't too far away, I'm hoping we can get together for a couple of rides over the summer. I think he needs to finish up one of his bikes first though.

2 comments:

  1. Matt is a great guy! Nice project pick-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi im interested in that 1.5 seat if its in decent shape want to sell it????

    ReplyDelete