Sunday, March 25, 2012

Radium City work day

A few of the local crew came over yesterday to work on some projects.

Josh was re-sealing his E50 case with Yamabond. He was paranoid about the RTV failing and didn't want to risk having any issues. He also drilled out his clutch posts for a MLM clutch brace.

null

Kyle put a new condenser on his Hobbit. I guess it died on a recent long ride and he suspected that was the issue.

null

I worked on getting this Newport started. This ZA50 is giving me trouble.

null

We recently found out about a local guy that had built up his Newport a few years ago, but has since neglected it (life, family, etc). I invited him to stop by so we could see what it would take to get it fired back up again. It mainly just needs some little things, but the main issues was the starting clutch cable. I found a random cable I had sitting around and modified it enough to work. It really won't take much to get this thing going again.

He did a good job of building it with a Metrakit 65, 15mm Bing, and Tecno Estoril. It should be a good runner very, very soon.

null

No comments:

Post a Comment