Saturday, March 9, 2013

Broken air compressor and a new Allstate

So, I've been disappointed with my air compressor performance while using the blast cabinet. And a couple of times I've heard a noise that sounds like a piston ring letting go in a moped cylinder. On Friday night when I noticed it struggling to build 60 psi, I decided I needed to investigate. What I found was a broken connecting rod and no parts.

I bought this compressor about 5 years ago on Craigslist. I'm starting to think it was broken the whole time and I just never noticed. I never had a compressor prior to this one, so I thought that was how it worked. Now with new parts and seals on the way, I'm looking forward to seeing it perform to its full potential.

Oh...and I picked up this Sears Allstate today. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment