Saturday, March 30, 2013

More machined parts for the pinto fork swap

Today I went to visit a friend of mine with some really nice machining tools. He is the same one that made the hub for the 8 star rotor. In order to keep my M bars, I needed to get rid of the hex portion of the top nut that holds the spring inside the forks. Well, one I got rid of the hex, I really wouldn't have a way to tighten/loosen it. Hmmm....

So, I ordered some set screws to go down inside the top nut. We then machined off the hex in a lathe and drilled a hole in the bottom of the nut. I ran the set screw through the bottom of the nut and welded it in place. I now have a way to put the top nut in place and it is recessed below my M bars.

My Domino throttle showed up today from Treats. I put that on along with a new throttle cable. Now I just need to get the wheel spaced properly, get the caliper bracket modified, and find someone to make me a shorter brake hose.

This process is taking way longer than I expected...













No comments:

Post a Comment