Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cranks rally

Here are the pictures from the rally over the weekend:
LINK

My buddy and I drove up from IL to hang out with those guys at the Rockerbox Vintage Motorcycle Show. It was a really cool show and I got to see all kinds of bikes that I have never seen before.

Unfortunately, we didn't have a ton of time, so we weren't able to hang out until 5 for the long ride. But we did get to see quite a bit of Milwaukee by heading out on our own.

Some highlights:
null

null

null

Parked near the lake:
null

A couple of weeks before the rally, my Newport started running poorly at half throttle. It had started to get hot/humid out, so I figured it was a jetting issue. Well, after going over ALL of the maintenance on the bike and changing jets and needle settings, I still wasn't able to figure it out. As my buddy and I rode around Milwaukee, the bike just kept getting slower and slower. Eventually, the engine starting making really bad noises and it eventually grenaded. This is where it stopped. :(
null

I'm going to work on the Pinto for a while and I'll eventually be tearing into the Newport again to find out what went wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment