Friday, August 13, 2010

cross country mopeders

A guy and a girl that were traveling from Manhattan to Nevada to go to the Burning Man had put up a post on Moped Army asking for anyone that might be able to help with tools and possibly a place to stay somewhere along their path. I sent them a text and let them know that I wasn't directly on their way, but I definitely had enough tools to help them out. A few days later I got a call and they said they were hoping to stop by to get some help with their tail light and possibly exhaust pipe.

They arrived last night at 8:30-ish on a Motomarina Sebring and a Honda MB5. Both bikes were stock and for the most part they were holding up well. The MB5 is running in the low 40's with all the gear, but the Sebring would only do 27. That's not very fast when you are traveling that many miles.

I helped them out with whatever I could...and gave them a place to crash for the night...and sent them off with a "good luck" this morning. What a crazy adventure!

They were both super nice. I really hope they are able to make it without too much trouble.

Here are a couple of pictures of their bikes:
null

null

No comments:

Post a Comment