Wednesday, August 25, 2010

pinto tail light

I added the tail light last night. I hope it is bright enough. Has anyone used these yet (Tun from treats)? It's 12V with either .1w tail or 2w brake. I wasn't sure which wire was which, so I went with yellow for power and black for ground. I guess I'll try the red once I get the bike running. I'm just not sure how the 12V LED setup is going to work on my 6V system.

The light is super small and it was really easy to find a place to stash it. I'm not sure where I am going to put my license plate now though. I may have to make a custome bracket for both. Or maybe I'll get one of those 1977 Mopeds license plate hangers that bolt to the shock.

null

null

4 comments:

  1. Oooh! I see a spot of rust on one of your bikes! Do I get a prize?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever get the taillight working?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope…no prize for you! I do have my powder coating gun now…I should be able to take care of those problems shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still trying to get the bike to run the way I want it to, so I haven't concentrated on the tail light. I think I may have to get a 12V lighting coil...not sure.

    ReplyDelete